If you’ve been in an auto accident where vehicle damage or personal injury has occurred, you will unfortunately have to deal with insurance companies, either your own or that of the other party involved. You want to get the best settlement possible, and these tips will help you to get the very most from the insurance companies.
- Do your research. The best way to start is to do your research and come up with an accurate estimate of what you believe you deserve for your claim. That way you will be able to determine whether the insurance company’s offer is high or low.
- Never accept the insurance company’s first offer. The insurance company will try to pay the least amount possible for your claim. Their first offer will be the lowest, so do not accept it. Ask the insurance company to explain their offer and justify the reasons behind the amount they arrived at. Counter their offer with an offer that is closer to what you think you deserve. You may have to go back and forth a few times before you arrive at an offer you think is acceptable.
- Focus on emotional damages. When explaining your claim, be sure to focus on the emotional pain you have incurred as a result of the accident. This can go a long way in convincing the insurance company to settle in your favor.
- Get the final settlement in writing. When you do arrive at a settlement you deem acceptable, get it in writing as soon as possible to be sure you get what was agreed upon.
- Call an accident attorney in Greensboro. The best way to be sure you get the most money possible for your claim is to hire an experienced car accident attorney in Greensboro NC like Don Vaughan and Associates. Don Vaughan will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve from the insurance companies.
An Accident Attorney in Greensboro Who Protects Your Interests
To get the most out of your claim, you need a strong fighter in your corner. Don Vaughan and Associates will fight for you and make sure you get the money you deserve. Call Don Vaughan and Associates at (336) 273-1415.